AFTER SCHOOL Group Leader & Aide
After an exciting day at school, children of parents who work stay at school to participate in our After School Care Program. We offer a variety of activities that make their extended stay enjoyable. They have a snack, do their homework, participate in free play and organized play, and are involved in structured activities in music, art, drama, and P.E.
The Program services about 60 children in grades K-6 and is staffed with an Site Coordinator, Group Leader and Program aides.
PROGRAM GROUP LEADER JOB DESCRIPTION
Creates and implements daily after school activities with children in groups. Activities include involving children in art, music, drama and P.E. projects.
Position requires adult who
- enjoys working with children
- has high energy
- is reliable and can be counted on to report to work daily
- is self-motivated and enjoys implementing fun and interesting activities for children
- is able to multi-task - i.e. lead children in activities, help parents sign out, keep an eye on safety of all, etc.
- Assist in creating and implementing a creative, educational environment and opportunity for learning;
- Work in a team approach with community, parents, educators, and learners;
- Encourage creativity and experiential learning;
- Supervise learners in a variety of activities and tasks.
- Guide learners in daily activities and challenges;
Mondays - Thursdays 2:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Fridays 12:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Pay: approximately $20/hour