Board Member Openings - All Positions Are Currently Filled
The Innovations Governing Board consists of a variety of members who posses a myriad of qualities, expertise, professions and skills who seek to support the mission and vision of Innovations Public Charter School.
Terms of board member positions are three years. If openings on the board become available, information will be posted on this website regarding application procedures.
GOVERNING SCHOOL BOARD DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Board member, Board of Directors
PURPOSE: To serve the Board as a voting member, of the autonomous governing body of IPCS to develop policies, have oversight of the financial and academic viability of the charter school as well the activities and affairs of IPCS.
TERM: Three Years
- Attend regular monthly meetings of the IPCS Board of Directors which are approximately 2 hours in duration and held on campus usually the 1st Monday of each month at 4pm. Be accessible for personal contact between board meetings
- Prepare in advance decision making policy formation at board meetings by taking responsibility for self education on the major issues before the board.
- Responsibly review and act upon Teacher Team and Leadership Team recommendations brought to the board for action.
- Maintain a professional and positive working relationship with all members of Teacher Team, Leadership Team and fellow Board member as stated in the IPCS Code of Conduct Policy.
- No Board Member at IPCS shall knowingly disclose confidential information gained by reason of information shared at a Board meeting as stated in IPCS Confidentiality Agreement.
- Utilize your personal and professional skills along with relationships and knowledge for the advancement of IPCS. Including Fundraising as requested.
- Provide leadership and support to the Teacher Team, Leadership Team and Committees.
- Commit time to developing financial resources for IPCS as well as supporting other fund development activities.
- Participate in an annual board development and planning retreat.
This is just a sampling of some of the responsibilities expected of a member of the IPCS Board of Directors.
Please fill out the online Application below, or download a PDF here